Computer Fundamental MCQ
JOA IT Study Material Computer Fundamental MCQ
1) A process is a _.
A. single thread of execution.
B. program in the execution
C. program in the memory
Answer: (b) program in the execution
Explanation: A process is a program that is executed by the threads. It consists of multiple threads of execution.
2) The word processing feature that catches most random typographical errors and misspellings is known as _.
A. Grammar checker
B. Spell checker
C. Word checker
D. None of the these
Answer: (b) Spell checker
Explanation: The word processing feature that catches most random typographical errors and misspellings is known as spell checker.
3) What is smallest unit of the information?
A. A bit
B. A byte
C. A block
D. A nibble
Answer: (a) A bit
Explanation: The smallest unit of the information is a bit. All information is stored in the computer as bits.
HPSSSB JOA IT Study Material
4) What is the term for a temporary storage area that compensates for differences in data rate and data flow between devices?
Answer: (a) Buffer
Explanation: Buffer is the temporary storage that can be used to compensate for a difference in data rate and data flow between devices. In other words, a buffer is an area of physical memory storage used to store data temporarily.
5) How many color dots make up one color pixel on a screen?
Answer: (d) 3
Explanation: Three color dots form a color pixel on a screen, and these are the following color dots: red, blue, and green. you can make any color from these 3 colors on the screen.
6) How is the data stored on the diskette?
B. Laser bubbles
Answer: (c) Magnetism
Explanation: The data is stored on the diskette in magnetism form. A diskette is a removable data storage, and it is used with the PC.
9) Which of the following is the smallest visual element on a video monitor? Character Pixel Byte Bit
Answer: (b) Pixel Explanation: A pixel is the smallest portion of the screen. The name Pixel is made from the “Picture element” and is also called the PEL. All screen is made by putting millions of pixels together in a matrix form.
HPSSSB JOA IT Study Material
7) Which of the following natural element is the primary element in computer chips?
Answer: (a) Silicon
Explanation: Silicon is the primary element in computer chips. Silicon is a highly pure element which is now perfect for the massive computer chip industry. It is cost efficent and easy to use.
8) Which of the following programs enables you to calculate numbers related to rows and columns?
A. Window program
B. Spreadsheet program
C. Graphics program
D. Word program
Answer: (b) Spreadsheet program
Explanation: Spreadsheet programs help you to calculate numbers related to rows and columns. It can also graphically represent the data as per the user’s requirement.
9) Which of the following is a structured programming technique that graphically represents the detailed steps required to solve a program?
A. Object-oriented programming
D. Top-down design
Answer: (c) Flowchart
Explanation: Flowchart is a structured programming technique that graphically represents the detailed steps required to solve a program. Usually, it shows the steps as boxes of different types, and these boxes are connected with arrows.
Click Here to download 800+ MCQ of Computer PDF
Click Here to Download PDF 1300+ HP & Indian GK PDF file
प्रतिदिन सरकारी नौकरी की अपडेट लेने के लिए हमारे WhatsApp ग्रुप में ऐड होने के लिए यंहा क्लीक करे